Monday, July 21, 2014

London

It's Monday and we're in London.  We arrived a few hours ago.  A pretty easy flight, I definitely enjoyed business class (more room).  Got to watch a few movies, nothing particularly memorable (like I literally can't remember what I watched).

We checked into our hotel, took a nap, and did some wandering around the city.  We walked past Buckingham palace, spent some time just lying in the grass in St James park.

We ate at an Indian/Sri-Lankan place.  The food was really good, a cut above what I've had in the states.  I ordered spinach of my own accord.  I was feeling guilty about not eating any vegetables recently.  It was great: not all creamy & heavy like you get in the states.  Michelle got 'poppers', which I think I ate when I visited south India in 2001.  There they called them 'uppam'.  It's a pancake shaped like a bowl, chewy bottom and crispy edges.  It's made of rice flour and some kind of coconut something.  Really delicious, especially with other Indian food on top.

We have to get up tomorrow at fivish to get a seven AM plane to Greece.

Other stray thoughts:
  • I lost my black hooded Eastside sweatshirt somewhere between our house and the airport.  Boo.
  • I thought I forgot to pack a belt, but I didn't.  Yay.
  • I made sure to set aside one days worth of meds in a little baggie to take with me into the plane.  Yay.
  • Then I put that baggie in the wrong back and it got checked.  Boo.
  • Travel with Michelle is wonderful because she is good at planning and details and tracking stuff.  All the little cards & pieces of paper & tickets, knowing which type of transportation to take, etc.
  • London is crazy expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment