Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Ending on a high note

Yesterday, Tuesday, was a great way to end the honeymoon.

We took a walk to Green Park (I think that's what it's called) and got to pray there.

We then went down to the theater district to get tickets for Les Mis.  I was really psyched when we found this store with half price theater tickets.  Look at us, all savvy, tracking down this little secret spot with good deals.  Then I looked around and realized there's stores like this literally every 50 yards or so.

Les Mis was sold out so we got some good seats for the Pajama Game, which someone at the airport had recommended.

We had lunch at a place that did 'traditional' pub food, sausages and mashed potatoes.  Decent.  We also walked around the shopping district (Regent St?).  All these very upscale clothes stores.  We went through the M&M store, which somehow manages to have 3 floors worth of M&M merchandise.  I did wind up buying some M&Ms (go figure).

At night we did another Indian place, also very good, then we went to our show.  It was alright, in my opinion.  Good singing and dancing and all but the story was meh and none of the actors really stood out. The leading lady looked like an Eastern European gymnast, like super muscular, which was kind of odd. 

Overall just a really nice day.  Good time with each other, London was sunny and beautiful, we got to see some really London-y feeling streets and stores.

I will need to be fitted with a hearing aid, pretty soon.  We seem to be having a lot of conversations where I miss some key element, hilarity and/or anger ensues.

E.g.
Michelle: Can I have a chip?
Doug: No.
Michelle: ???
Doug: Oh, I thought you asked if I wanted a chip.

No comments:

Post a Comment